Friday, December 30, 2016

Eggnog bread pudding

We love bread pudding. I love making bread pudding with Portuguese Sweet Bread. It is perfect, sweet and with raisins. For this recipe I use an entire loaf. I tear it with my hands into small pieces. 

I poured a quart of eggnog over the bread. It wasn't quite wet enough so I added one cup milk, 1 egg and fresh nutmeg to the empty milk container and shook it. I then poured it over the bread pudding. I covered it with Saran Wrap and let it sit for an hour to absorb all the goodness. 

I then preheated the oven to 350  degrees and cooked the pudding for an hour and 15 minutes. I checked the center and the knife did not come put clean so I cooked it for an additional 15 minutes. 

Serve with rum sauce. Here is the recipe

This is an amazing version of bread pudding, just the perfect sweetness and all the flavors that make eggnog so popular combined with the klucious texture of bread pudding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment