Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Coca Cola Glazed Ham

I need to stop looking at magazines because I saw this in a magazine as well. Usually, I just use whatever package of glaze that comes with my ham but I decided that this sounded really good.  I ended up cooking the ham in my Nesco which was great since it needs to cook for an hour and 15 minutes at 325 degrees. 

I already had the scalloped potatoes and roasted vegetables and the mac and cheese in my main oven at 375 degrees. 

I put the ham in flat side down, this was the only way it fit right. I mixed a cup of light brown sugar with a cup of coke. I took some whole cloves and stuck them into the ham and then using a basting brush I basted the ham with the coke and sugar mixture. 

Every 15 minutes I poured a little glaze over the top and then brushed the rest of the ham. It made a very nice sauce in the bottom of the Neco that we served with the ham. 


No comments:

Post a Comment