Friday, December 16, 2016

Creative uses for leftovers: Chicken and rice

While we were visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Vermont, my sister-in-law some very delicious chicken and rice. This is not something I have ever made since Al always says he doesn't care for rice but this he loved, go figure. 

I decided to do my own version of this dish with leftover roasted chicken breast. I used Knorr yellow rice. The direction said to add 2 cups of water and margarine to a small saucepan. I added 2 tablespoons of butter instead. I set the stove on high to get the water boiling and I removed the breast from the chicken and shredded it. I added it to the water and rice along with a cup of frozen corn and a quarter cup of half and half. 

When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for seven minutes. 

For a first time try, it was very tasty and we both enjoyed the meal. I think I need to add a more colorful veggie since this is pretty much all one color but for an experiment, it was good and inexpensive. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. I like anything that's easy and includes chicken and rice.

    ReplyDelete