Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Prime Rib Christmas Dinner

I have been making Prime Rib for Christmas day for years. I have a rotisserie which I use to cook it, one of the ' set it and forget it" variety. I use it because it frees up the oven for other things. Usually,  I serve it with mashed potatoes. This year I have decided to serve it British style with roasted potatoes. I made pork chops in the over recently with roasted half potatoes and they came out exactly like the ones I eat in England and love so well. 

I use Lysanders beef rub on the roast. It has great taste and makes a light crispy crust. It takes about 15 minutes a pound to get a perfect prime rib.

The potatoes I will drizzle with olive oil then flip onto their cut side and cook at 375 for an hour. I may or may not use rosemary which is not traditional but which I like. 

Can you believe that I have never taken pictures of my prime rib, when I get into Christmas Day mode I seldom concentrate on food pictures but I will try to remember to take pictures this year. 

I do have one warning, make sure your roast is not too large for your machine. Two years ago I set the rotisserie on fire when the roast stopped turning and went up in flames. I had to throw out the machine and finish the roast in the oven but this was the first time in 15 years I had an issue. I bought a new machine. lol

Merry Christmas and I will be back sometime after the holidays. We are heading to our home in Florida so what I post while we are driving down has to be prepared in advance. 




2 comments: