Monday, October 26, 2015

Great Ways to Use Leftover Rotisserie Chicken

I am a big fan of store cooked rotisserie chicken. I am also a fan of using leftover rotisserie chicken. They are well priced and offer a variety of ways to use them. I bought one at the store on Sunday and we have already had a few small meals from this one. We usually start with chicken sandwiches. 

Today, hubby ate the two legs and it is now time to finish up the breast meat. I decided to make a chicken salad for my lunch.

dark brown rotisserie chicken



I had less than a full breast left and I chopped it up into bite-size pieces. I chopped half of a rib of celery into small pieces. To this, I added 1/4 of a Granny Smith apple sliced thin and added a hand full of chopped pecans.  Finally, I added a tablespoon of mayonnaise and a good pinch of curry. I mixed it all together and just ate it out of the bowl. It was delicious. 

Now all that is left is to turn the bones into chicken soup. Take the bones and cover them with water in a dutch oven. Add two chopped ribs of celery and a large diced onion. Cook for two hours on low. Drain the broth and add a large sliced carrot. Pull the leftover meat off of the rotisserie chicken carcass and add. Taste the broth, if needed add some chicken broth to up the flavor. Bring to a boil and add noodles

Oh yum, not a bit of the chicken was wasted using these suggestions for great ways to use leftover rotisserie chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment