Tuesday, October 13, 2015

An Easy Dinner Idea Salisbury Steak

As I looked through the fridge trying to decide what to cook for dinner, I noticed that I had a pound of lean ground beef. I decided to make my interpretation of a Salisbury Steak. I took about half of the hamburger and made two patties. I took out a small fry pan and place a little olive oil in the bottom and added the patties. I placed the heat at medium.

I peeled two good sized onions and sliced them. Adding olive oil to a large fry pan I started to lightly sauté them. I also had an 8 oz. package of sliced white button mushrooms. As the onions started to soften I added the mushrooms.

I turned the patties and seasoned with steak seasoning. I had a package of Simply Mashed Potatoes with garlic in the fridge which I unwrapped and placed in the microwave for three minutes.

As the onions and mushrooms cooked I added one package of Knorr Homestyle Beef Stock and a few tablespoons of water. I cooked for an additional few minutes.




The patties were done so they went on the plate with a generous scoop of mashed potatoes and then the beef patties were covered with the beefy onion and mushroom mixture. It was quite delicious and something I will definitely make again. I added a little bit of Caesar salad to my plate after I took the photo.


This made a generous meal for two which is exactly what we needed. You could easily double or triple the amount to feed a family of four or six. 

No comments:

Post a Comment