Wednesday, December 12, 2018

My First Attempt at Chocolate Crinkles

Chocolate Crinkles are a relatively simple chocolate cookie that is dipped in confectionary sugar before it is baked. I volunteered to bake for our cookie walk and I asked my friend Kathy to make the Snickerdoodles that I have made in previous years since I know she likes to make them. I needed to find another cookie that was easy to make but also would likely be at least semi-popular. 

Of course, I decided I wanted to make them with cocoa powder and butter which meant I had quite the time finding a recipe to match my ingredients. I ended up using one that is similar to one I found on the Internet. 

I wanted to make a large batch so I doubled the recipe. 

2 sticks of softened salted butter
5 medium eggs
3 1/3 cup white flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cream the butter. eggs, sugar, and vanilla. I mixed the dry ingredients and after the wet ingredients are creamed I started adding the flour mixture slowly.  

Since I was not ready to bake the cookies, I scraped the dough, which is quite stiff, into a large ziplock bag and placed it in the fridge. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. I found that with my oven, I had to leave the cookies in for between 15-17 minutes. I use parchment paper on my stone cookie sheets. They are very chocolatey so if you are looking for a chocolate fix, Chocolate Crinkles are the perfect cookie to satisfy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment