Thursday, December 20, 2018

Return visit: Lunch at Haven Cafe Lennox, MA

We arrived in Lennox at about 12:30 and we were peckish. We planned to visit Ventford but we really need some food first. We located Ventford and then went driving into downtown Lennox to find someplace to eat. It isn't as easy as you might think. But finally, I told Al to turn into this one little street. I realized after we turned in that we had eaten breakfast at Haven Cafe when we visited the Mount. I remembered the food being good so we found a parking spot and headed in. 

After you go in the door, there is a table where the daily special, soup etc are listed on a small blackboard and the menus are there so you can make a decision before you get in line to place your order. While you wait, the bakery items are looking at you and calling your name. At least they always call mine. I bought a couple of cookies to take away with us. 

I decided to have a Reuben and Al had a steak quesadilla which was a special. I had hot apple cider and Al had water. We went to find a table and we had a number that they use to identify you and they will deliver the food to your table. 

I got quite a shock when I saw my Reuben, it was open-faced, not at all what I expected but it was delicious. Al really enjoyed his steak quesadilla as well.


I really like this restaurant, I wish they took orders at the tables instead of placing your order at the counter but the quality, quantity, and taste of the food have been excellent both times we dined here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment