Thursday, December 27, 2018

A Warm Welcome at Chez Nous Bistro Lee, MA.

Located at 150 Main Street in Lee, MA. Chez Nous Bistro (with us or as I would translate it at our place) offers a warm and welcoming place to break your fast. We were staying across the street at the Chambery Inn and I always love to be able to walk out to dinner, this bistro was perfect, close and a very appealing menu.

I did make reservations for six o'clock just to be on the safe side but it was a Wednesday evening and it was quiet when we arrived. By the time we left, the restaurant was much fuller.


We were given some crusty rolls and butter with olives to hold us over while we chose drinks and our meals. Al had a Jameson's and ginger age and I just had water. Al left the choices to me so I opted for a shared appetizer, the cheese plate. You choose three cheese, we had a gruyere, a  gouda and the Fourme D'Ambert which was a soft blue cheese. It was served with nuts, dried fruit conserve and toast. A true delight and Al surprised me by loving the blue cheese.


I decided that the salad sounded too good to pass up, endive, orange, radish pickle, walnuts honey and orange vinaigrette, I also saw and tasted grape tomatoes and radicchio. It was delicious. For my meal, I chose the full rack of lamb and Al chose the full bistro steak. You have the option of getting a smaller half order.


My lamb was cooked perfectly medium well and was well seasoned and tender. I asked for and received mint jelly. It was served with crispy chickpea Panisse frites, fennel confit and olive jus. I loved the lamb, liked the confit but was unimpressed with the frites, I could have opted for potatoes of some sort and actually wished I had but I enjoyed my meal enormously.


I was too full for dessert but Al opted for the chocolate torte. It was awesome, intensely chocolate and everything he could have wanted. I had a cappuccino which was the perfect ending for my meal.


Coming in from the cold, we certainly felt warmly welcomed both figuratively and physically. I high recommend Chez Nous Bistro if you happen to be in the Lee/Lennox area.



No comments:

Post a Comment