Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Easy and Delicious Teriyaki Oven Country Style Ribs

I have to admit that when it comes to cooking I am an opportunist. Last week when I was grocery shopping, I found a large package of country ribs at the IGA that was on sale and had been reduced $3. For less than $6 I could have about 10 country ribs, I just couldn't resist. 

I debated doing them in the slow cooker but opted for the oven since I didn't want to do them with barbecue sauce but rather with bread crumbs and Teriyaki sauce. 

I set the oven at 375 and pre-heated it. I use a cookie sheet to cook my ribs. I lightly coat the pan with olive oil. I poured about a cup of breadcrumbs onto a plate and then coated the ribs on both sides and lined them up on the pan. I then sprinkled them with Chicago steak seasoning. 

The ribs need to cook for about an hour. At the 45 minute point take your teriyaki sauce and use a pastry brush to apply it to the ribs. I turn them over to coat both sides.  Do this several times over the next 15 minutes. 

The country ribs that I used this time were so thick that I decided to cook them for a full hour before starting to put the teriyaki sauce. 

I love country ribs this way, that little bit of sweetness is such a good addition to the breadcrumbs. Serve with applesauce and potatoes and veg of your choice. We like mashed potatoes and corn but during the summer I was using local tomatoes with a little balsamic vinegar.  

Alfred said that these ribs are the best thing since sliced bread which from a man whose usual response is that the food is edible is very high praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment