Monday, November 23, 2015

On Cronuts and Crogels





On Cronuts and Crogels

On a trip to Stew Leonards, which is a really wonderful grocery store with a fabulous bakery, I saw a few baked goods that I couldn’t resist. Along with the apple cider donut holes, 9 grain bread, and country loaf I also bought an everything croissant bagel and a cinnamon sugar croissant donut.


I have never seen these offered before, I have heard about them, evidently they are all the rage. I am here to tell you, Oh Baby, Oh Baby, Oh Baby. They are amazing. When it comes to the crogel, Stew Leonards produces one of the best bagels in our area and it really came as no surprise that the crogel was also amazing. 

Great taste, fabulous texture, I made a simple roasted chicken sandwich and with the soft crogel was able to eat it without issue. I had the croissant donut (the name cronut must have been copywritten) this morning with my cup of coffee and it was light, fluffy and delicious. I am a convert.

Good job Stew Leonard's!!

Update!!! These are no longer available, too bad !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment