Thursday, November 19, 2015

Afternoon Tea at the Hotel Viking in Newport, RI


When we are visiting the UK, I enjoy having afternoon tea as often as I can. The scones, the sandwiches and the sweets are just the most amazing way to enjoy the afternoon. Of course, I also love to have a pot tea.
 

Here in the states, finding a good afternoon tea is not so easy. You do not find a tea shop in every town and village like you do in England. I do look, believe me. I have found one that is available at one of my favorite hotels in Newport, RI, The Hotel Viking. I usually try to have it included in my rate whenever possible.


It is the usual three-course affair but of course, no clotted cream and the sandwiches and sweets are not the traditional ones you get in England. Never the less, when I can’t get over the pond, it is a pretty adequate substitute.

My friend Irene and I enjoyed sitting and sipping while chatting and enjoying the fresh strawberries If you are going to be in Newport, I recommend a stop of tea at the Hotel Viking.

No comments:

Post a Comment