Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Horse and Hounds Restaurant and Pub Ocala, Fl.

I have been passing the Horse and Hounds Restaurant on a regular basis for the last 5 years and I have always wanted to stop. We finally did this year and not once but twice. It seems that there is a connection to my favorite restaurant the Crazy Cucumber and some of my favorite dishes are available here as well.
#HORSEANDHOUNDOCALA

The menu is very much English country pub combined with an upscale Florida bistro. They have a prime rib special on Monday's 2 for $25, taco special on Tuesday, Shrimp Fetta Pasta Bake on Wednesdays and a 6 oz 3-course sirloin special on Thursdays. Drinks specials are also offered as well as a popular happy hour.






You can dine outdoors on the porch, in the bar or in the dining room. All very rustic and English with horse prints. I found it to be quite warm and welcoming right from the moment we entered the door.

#HORSEANDHOUNDOCALA




On our first visit, it was a Monday and we both got the prime rib. I am not usually the prime rib type, but I wanted Al to have the prime rib so I got an end cut. Very delicious.











On our second visit, we met our niece Jaclyn here for lunch. She is the manager of the bank in the same parking lot. Jaclyn had the fish sandwich, I had the fish tacos and Al had the shepherd's pie. Al the food was delicious and we had such a nice lunch.

This is now one of my favorite restaurants in Ocala and I am looking forward to bringing some of my friends and family for a delicious meal when they come to visit

No comments:

Post a Comment