Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Sausage and peppers in the oven

I thawed out some Italian sausage and then realized that it was hot and humid and the last thing I wanted to do was to stand over a hot stove. I googled sausage and peppers in the oven and found out that it was possible to make them that way. So that became my mission today.


What you need:

1 pound of Italian sausage of your choice

1 large green pepper

1 medium onion


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.




I first cut the sausage into pieces, mine was in the rope form. I washed and seeded the pepper, sliced it, peeled and chopped the onion. I placed everything into a bowl and added my season sea salt with garlic and pepper, about a teaspoon.





I then added olive oil about two or three tablespoons. Toss it all together until everything is well coated. Place on a sheet pan.




I used the oven shelf in the middle. The original recipe called for cooking it 20 minutes, I cooked it 40 minutes and it was just perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I read your recipe for sausage and peppers in the oven and it came out perfectly. I didn't have to worry about the mess and grease all over the place from frying on top of the stove, like my mother used to do. Thanks for sharing, Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, it is so much easier and neater that it is the only way I do it now

    ReplyDelete