Monday, October 10, 2016

It's chili weather

It has been chili weather around here lately. When it gets chilly, nothing warms the soul like a steaming bowl of slightly spicy chili. 

I have been thinking about making chili for a few days so I finally decided to see what I had in the house that could go into the crockpot. I had two cans of chili flavored zesty tomatoes, chili con carne spice from Penzey, hamburger, and no kidney beans. I dug around and came up with a can of butter beans. 

I fried the hamburger and placed it in the crockpot along with the two cans of tomatoes and the beans. I chopped up a small onion and added it to the pot. I didn't have more than a teaspoon of the chili con carne spice and it didn't seem spicy enough. I added some sea salt seasoned with garlic and black pepper and added some smoked jalapeno powder and red pepper flakes. 

I cooked it on high for two hours and then when I went to bed I put it on low. I woke up to a delicious smell in the morning. It was a very tasty result. 

Recipe:
1.5 ground beef
2 cans zesty chili spiced tomatoes
1 can butter beans
1 small onion
garlic, pepper. salt, smokey jalapeno powder and red pepper flakes
chili con carne spice

Cook it slow and low and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment