Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Delicious slow cooker pork and apples

I saw a recipe for pork loin cooked in the slow cooker with apple slices placed in cuts in the loin. I actually didn't buy a pork loin, they were just too expensive, I bought boneless pork ribs. Of course, I couldn't find the recipe when I decided to make it so I made this up as I went along. 

What you need:


  • A slow cooker
  • boneless pork ribs (for the two of us I bought about 1 pound)
  • 2 small onions
  • 6 small potatoes
  • 1 cup butternut squash cut up
  • 1 cup Brussels sprouts


Sauce:

  • 3/4 cup apple cider
  • 1/2  cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • salt and pepper to taste


Take the pork and brown it in olive oil in a hot pan with the onions and apples. I seasoned it with sea salt, pepper, and garlic. 

Place the potatoes, butternut squash and brussels sprouts in the bottom of the slow cooker, place the potatoes, onions, and apples on top of it. 

Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.  In my crockpot, the meat was falling apart tender at this point. 

Spoon it out and enjoy, it was awesome, the sauce is very delicious. 


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Since it was an experiment, I was very pleased with how it turned out.

      Delete
    2. I've got it in the crock pot now, been dying to try this one. Turns out I was out of apple juice so I improvised a bit using a blend of apple cider and water, will see how it turns out. Thanks for the recipe!

      Delete