Wednesday, September 28, 2016

B.D. Beans Cafe Belleview, Fl.

Getting a good cappuccino when I am in Ocala has turned out to be harder than I ever anticipated. Most Italian restaurants in the area don't serve it. It is very disappointing. Luckily for me, my sister-in-law Colleen took me and Al to B.D. Beans Cafe when we first came down to Ocala three years ago to visit them. It has become my go to place!!

To say that the decor is eclectic is a colossal understatement. Some of the items are almost bizarre but somehow it all works. When Kathy came down to visit us, it was one of the first places I took her, I love have lunch there. 

They do serve breakfast and I have promised myself that we will go there this year to eat breakfast but to date, it has only been lunch. They are open Monday-Saturday from 8 a.m.. to 3 p.m. Don't wait too late however, to go for lunch. We arrived at about 2:50 one day and if we hadn't been friendly with the waitress on previous visits, wee would not have been able to eat. As it was, something were no longer available so plan ahead and come early. 

On the lunch menu everyday are two homemade soups and a delicious quiche. These change daily. I am in love with their corn chowder when they have it. The rest of the menu is salads and sandwiches. I love Jude's Strawberry Summer Salad and the chicken and egg salad, haven''t tried the tuna yet. 

When it comes to sandwiches, they are all delicious. We rotate what we order. 

As I have stated earlier, I come here for the cappuccino but they have a full menu of smoothies if that is what you are looking for. 

What I love about B.D. Beans Cafe is the location. After I eat lunch, I shop at the local artist co-op which is next door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment