Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A fun way to serve chocolate milk

As you may know, I have lots of grandkids. Jack is our youngest grandson and on Tuesday's we pick him up from school. We are in Middletown for an exercise class at the senior center at 1 p.m. so it works out well. We pick him up shortly after 2 p.m.

Jack is 4 going on 5 and like any normal kid, is starved when he gets out of school. He loves chocolate milk so I decided to do something a little different to make having chocolate milk at grandma's fun and special. 


I save glass jars. I use them for many jobs around the house. I have shared already how I store fruits in the fridge in my glass jars. I decided to have Jack help me make chocolate milk for himself. 


I asked him to pick a jar. I then put chocolate syrup and milk in the jar and put the lid on. He shook it until it was mixed. I gave him straw and we carried it downstairs so he would have something to drink with his Ritz Crackers while watching TV. 


When he was done with all he wanted, we put the lid on with the straw bent inside so that it wouldn't spill but would be ready when he wanted more.  He thought this was a lot of fun and it was so easy to do. 


If you haven't been saving your empty jars, here is another reason to start doing so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment