Monday, December 30, 2019

Tozier Restaurant Bethel VT

First, let me say on a Saturday night, plan to arrive early or you will have a long wait for a seat. My brother Fran knew this and when we arrived at about 4:30 only a few tables were occupied. When we left, there was a waiting line out the door. 

I have to say, I was leery of a seafood restaurant in Vermont. I didn't expect it to be anything special but Fran and Dora love it so I was interested to give it a try. I have to say, I love this restaurant and even though it is a half-hour drive from Rutland, I am sure we will be back. 

I had heard that they had a very good raspberry pie so I wanted to make sure that I had room for a piece. I had a green salad with a maple vinaigrette with lobster salad on the top. Al had the beef tips which were a special of the day. Dora had fried oysters and Fran had fish and chips. The tartar sauce here is tasty with a touch of dill. 



Fran began his meal with an appetizer of mussels and it was a giant serving of very tasty mussels. I tasted one and it was tender and delicious. 

Al gave me his side which was house-made coleslaw and very good slaw it was. I loved my salad, the lobster had celery and just a little mayonnaise, the taste of the lobster came through loud and clear. The dressing was good but to me not quite enough maple taste was evident. 

The tips were a real winner, cooked perfectly and very tender. Al did not leave even a morsel on his plate. It came with potatoes and carrots and the texture of the carrots was perfect.

We all had dessert, I did have the raspberry pie and Al and Dora had something really chocolate and peanut butter and Fran had the maple bread pudding which I tasted and it was excellent. The raspberry pie was even better than I expected. It was served warm with a scoop of ice cream. 



Our entire dinner was excellent and the service was very friendly. I love this place and if we lived nearby I could see us going here every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment