Wednesday, October 30, 2019

My Take on a Chicken Pot Pie

When you are looking for comfort food, nothing is quite as warm and comforting as a pot pie. Chicken pot pie is an iconic favorite. For this recipe, I used a bunch of things I had in the house. 

Half of a store-bought rotisserie chicken
Corn chowder soup mix ( I got mine at the Vermont Country Store but The Hoot in Windham also sells them Halladay is the brand)

3 celery ribs
half bag frozen peas
half bag frozen pearl onions
6 baby fresh carrots
Pie crust
salt and pepper to taste 
half and half

Make the corn chowder according to package directions. Cut up the chicken into bite-size pieces. Dice up celery and carrots into chunky pieces. Add the chicken and veggies to a 10-inch square stone pan. I know most chicken pot pies are not square but think outside the box!!

Pour the soup over the chicken and veggies.  Add a little half and half to the mixture. Cover with the crust and bake in a 350-degree oven for an hour. 



This turned out to be one of the best chicken pot pies I have ever made. It was the epitome of comfort, rich and delicious. I can't wait to make it again. It would work well with turkey too so keep it in mind for after Thanksgiving. 

#comfortfood
#chickenpotpie

No comments:

Post a Comment