Monday, October 7, 2019

Mushroom Stroganoff Pasta

Have you ever started to cook something and then changed gears midway? This is what happened to me. It was a cold rainy day that called for comfort food. I decided to make creamed mushrooms served over toast. I was also going to make some mac and cheese. This turned into mushroom stroganoff, an easy and delicious dish. 

I washed the mushrooms and cut them up, added butter flavored olive oil to the frying pan and began to saute them. In the meantime, I put some water on to boil for the pasta. I added some Worcestershire sauce to the mushrooms and a dab of butter. 

When the mushrooms were browned I placed them in a bowl and began to build my sauce. I started with a roux, 2 tablespoons of butter and flour and then the milk. At about this point I decided to add about half a cup of cheddar cheese, some steak seasoning, two beef bouillon cubes and more Worcestershire sauce to the sauce. This is to taste, you add what tastes right to you. 

When the pasta was done, I decided I wanted to add it to the sauce and forget the toast. I added two tablespoons of sour cream to give it a stroganoff taste. I also added salt and pepper. I used a half-pound of pasta, choose your favorite shape. 

I want to say, this was one delicious pasta dish and the perfect comfort food for a cold rainy day. Mushroom stroganoff pasta ticks all the right boxes. This was one of those times when I didn't think to take a picture.

Shopping list:
Mushrooms
Cheddar cheese
Worcestershire sauce
pasta
sour cream 
milk
flour
beef boullion
steak season

#mushroomstroganoff
#comfortfood

No comments:

Post a Comment