Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Blueberry peach galette

If you are looking for an easy and delicious summer dessert that is impressive, a fresh fruit galette is a perfect answer. I didn't inherit my mothers way with a pie crust, when I make a homemade one there is no guarantee that it will come out flaky and delicious. I use Pillsbury pre-made pie crust from the dairy department. Right now, a blueberry peach galette is the perfect way to take advantage of the fruits that are currently in season.



Take one pie crust out of the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Place in a small enough pan to keep it from falling apart. (I learned this the hard way) A 9 or 10-inch square works well or you can use a standard pie plate.

Wash one container of fresh blueberry and 4 smallish peaches. Slice peaches into a bowl and add blueberries. I added 1/3 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, juice of half a lemon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Mix together.

Heat oven to 375.

Pour fruit into the center of dough and then pinch up the sides. You can brush the crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar if you want, I didn't this time.

Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool. I served with heavy cream but ice cream or whipped cream would be delicious.

My other galette recipes


Strawberry cheesecake galette


Strawberry rhubarb galette

No comments:

Post a Comment