Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Miz Kathi's Cotillion Southern Cafe Wildwood, Florida

I knew I was on to something special when I tried to get a reservation at Miz Kathi's Cotillion Southern Cafe on the Monday before Valentine's Day at lunch and they were completely booked. Really, on a Monday at lunch?  That day I went somewhere else but last week, on a Friday afternoon I decided to take the change without a reservation. I don't recommend it, we did get in but the place after 1:30 was still almost completely full and at one point was completely filled. Obviously, the food here is no secret. 

Since it was Friday and Lent, we didn't eat any meat but they certainly had plenty of meatless and fish options. Friday is also fried Green Tomato Day so the appetizer was half price. How could I resist? I do love fried green tomatoes and their's did not disappoint. 

#mizkathi'scotillionsoutherncafe

I decided to have the Mayberry Salad. Greens with blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, blackberries, pecans and blue cheese with their own homemade blackberry basil dressing. OMG, probably the best salad I have ever had anywhere. 


Al had a loaded tuna sandwich on a croissant with onion rings. They have phenomenal onion rings. Tuna was good too!! I have to admit, they have addicted me to sweet ice tea, theirs is so good. 


I loved this place enough to choose it for the place to meet up with my friend Jeanne yesterday. We both had the hot open turkey sandwich, it was a little taste of Thanksgiving with cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, homemade turkey gravy and cranberry sauce. All over some toasted bread. Very satisfying. Al had the pulled pork sandwich which included coleslaw and another side, he chose the homemade potato chips. 

#miskathi'scotillionsoutherncafe

Again the meal was excellent. Service was friendly but I have to say my tea was never refilled and that was a little disappointing, however, they close at 3 and we were still 3:30 so I suspect they were not encouraging us to stay longer lol. 


I would be remiss if I didn't talk about their desserts, they are huge and delicious. They are known for their coconut cake and that is what I had on my last visit. That alone is worth the visit. This time I had the key lime pie and it was tart perfection. 


Al had southern surrender cake, chocolate on chocolate and it was seriously excellent. I did bring home a piece of lemon, pineapple, and coconut cake but I haven't eaten it yet, it will no doubt be decadent. 


I highly recommend Miz Kathi's Cotillion Southern Cafe and also highly recommend that you go online, check out their menu and make a reservation. You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment