Monday, March 28, 2016

Poorman's Beef Stroganoff

This is an invention of mine mostly because Al loves beef Stroganoff and used to get it at work. This is not in any way traditional but the taste profile is good, it is inexpensive and easy to make.  


Here in Florida I was not able to find a vital ingredient that I use at home. Knorr Homestyle Beef Stock. I substituted some British beef granules which worked very well. Basically you can be creative about how you make the brown gravy. You can use a jar or can of beef gravy or au jus mix. 


Ingredients:
1.5 pound of ground beef, cooked
1 medium onion cooked with the meat
2 cups of brown gravy
8 oz sour cream
1 tablespoon of Gravy Master
1 bag egg noodles

You will notice that I don't have mushrooms on my list. Fried mushrooms would be more traditional. I didn't have any so they won't show in my photos. 

Begin by frying the hamburger and the onions, drain off the fat. Remove the hamburger and onion and use the crispy bits on the bottom as part of your sauce. Make the gravy and whisk in the sour cream and the gravy master and add hamburger and onions back in.

Boil the noodles, drain and add to the sauce. 

Serve this Poorman's beef stroganoff and enjoy. A crispy salad works well with this meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment