Monday, May 2, 2016

Strawberry Cheesecake Galette

I found a recipe the other day for a blueberry cheesecake galette and I decided it sounded like something I would enjoy making. When I went to Stop and Shop to get the blueberries I was stunned at how expensive they were so I opted for strawberries. 



I don't make my own crust, I use Pillsbury already made crusts from the dairy case. 


What you need:

2 cups of cut up strawberries
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
4 tablespoons of flour
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
pinch of Kosher salt

For the cheesecake:

1 8 oz bar of cream cheese
1 large egg and one egg yoke
pinch of nutmeg

Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Put the rack on the second to the bottom setting. 


Put the cream cheese into a small bowl. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. add the pinch of nutmeg


In another bowl toss the strawberries with the flour and the sugar add the lemon juice and salt. 


I butter the pie plate and add one pre-made crust. Put half of the cheesecake mixture in the bottom of the pan. Add the strawberry mixture. Swirl the rest of the cheesecake mixture over the top. Crimp the crust to give it the galette shape. 


Put the galette into the fridge for half an hour before cooking. 

#strawberrycheesecakegalette

Bake until the crust is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Let cool before cutting. 


If like me you have fallen in love with galettes, here is another recipe


2 comments:

  1. Tried this and it was great. Will make it again and will try it with blueberries! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Elaine, I plan to try it with some other fruits as well.

      Delete