Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Brick City Southern Kitchen and Whiskey Bar Ocala, Fl.

Located directly across from historic Ocala Square in downtown Ocala, Brick City Southern Kitchen is a great place to stop for lunch or dinner. The interior is open and welcoming and you can also dine outdoor which people were doing even in January. 

You will notice the bar which dominates an entire wall and the excellent collection of spirits available. Al had a beer and I opted for a half sweet half unsweet tea which tasted as if it was brewed in house. It also came with a huge to-go cup in addition to my glass which allowed me to take the delicious brew home.  

I opted for the BBQ Reuben and amazing concoction of sliced brisket, coleslaw, Jack cheese and thousand island dressing. I had their homemade fries as my side. It was an outstanding sandwich, some of the best brisket I have ever had. I am fussy when it comes to brisket, it has to be moist, and this one was luscious. In all fairness the waitress told me that the juiciness of the brisket depends on who happens to be cooking that day, evidently, I picked a good day!! 



Al went for the St Louis ribs. He was very pleased with his choice. 

We really enjoyed our meal here, our waitress was very friendly and the food was exceptionally good. We often hesitate to stop at the many BBQ places in the area because so often they ended just being okay. Brick City Southern Kitchen was a lot better than that. And the fact that we got free valet parking was a nice perk as well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment