Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Apple Rhubarb Pan Dowdy

I love apples and I love rhubarb, they are a natural combination. This is the time of year when rhubarb is fresh in the store so a great time to actually use it in some home-baked goods. I have a freezer filled with frozen rhubarb from last year so this is what I used. 

I peeled 8 medium Macintosh apples and sliced them. Don't worry too much about how thin, all of mine aren't identical. The rhubarb I had cut into the correct size pieces before I froze them. I threw them in a bowl and added nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar to taste. I used about a half cup of sugar, a 2 teaspoons of nutmeg and a teaspoon of cinnamon. But taste the apples and make sure they are seasoned to your personal taste, I never measure anything. 

I used Pillsbury refrigerator dough. I rolled it out, brushed it with half and half, sprinkled it with sugar and cut it into about 20 pieces. 

I used a 10-inch square pan. Put the apple mixture in and cover with the pieces of dough. 

Bake in a 350 oven for about an hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment