Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

Have you ever just wanted a quick snack, maybe like a peanut butter cookie, but didn't feel like getting into any really big baking project? That is what happened to me. It was July, it was hot and muggy and I wanted a fresh peanut butter cookie. Lucky for me, I had seen a recipe on Facebook that I thought was impossible. A three ingredient cookie. Really? 

I had the three ingredients:

2 cups of peanut butter 

1 cup of Sugar

2 eggs

I set the oven at  350 degrees, grabbed out a bowl and mixed the three ingredients together. The beauty of this recipe, of course, is that they are gluten-free!! I used a metal ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough. I didn't really form them into formal balls, but you can if that is what you prefer. In order to make them an official peanut butter cookie, you need to use a fork and place the marks on top. If you want to keep them gluten free use corn starch on the fork tines. 


I placed a parchment on my cookie sheet to avoid sticking. I also placed a half pecan on half of the cookies. Bake 10-12 minutes.
#peanutbuttercookies

I was amazed at how well they came out, they are delicious. You will notice mine have a rather rustic shape if you make them into balls before baking they will be more regular in shape. 


No comments:

Post a Comment