Tuesday, July 10, 2018

My Take on Hamburger Steak

Yesterday, I thawed out two hamburger patties. I don't have any burger rolls so I decided to try to come up with another option. I always have Simply Mashed Potatoes in the fridge so I decided to make something with a beefy type gravy. 

I started by slicing up a large Vidalia onion and sauteing it in olive oil. I sprinkled on a little steak seasoning while it was softening up. Now, how to create the gravy? I added one Knorr beef stock pod and about 1/4 cup of water. I added a tablespoon of gravy master and half a bag of dry onion soup mix. I added an additional half cup of water at this point. I let this simmer on low while I warmed up the mashed potatoes and cooked the hamburgers. 


I would have preferred to have beefy onion soup mix but unfortunately, I did not have any. I was quite pleased with the way this came out. The gravy was a little salty so I will need to work on that but otherwise, it was quite good. Here is another way to use thawed hamburger

No comments:

Post a Comment