Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Slow cooked short ribs

I love short ribs, I have, however, never made then at home. There is something just so luscious about this fall off the bones meal. Luckily, I found a package of short ribs for $5 off and decided this was my chance. It was about a pound of short ribs.

I looked at a recipe on my phone for short ribs to get myself off on the right foot. As I suspected, browning the ribs before throwing them in the slow cooker was the way to go. Being me, I didn't measure anything at this point. What I did was put flour, garlic powder,  salt and pepper into a ziplock bag and added the ribs one at a time. If I had to estimate, I would say 1/2 cup flour 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.

I browned the ribs in a combination of butter and olive oil.

When they were all browned I add them to the slow cooker. I made the cooking sauce with two cans of stewed Italian style tomatoes, 1 can beef stock, 2 Knorr beef stock tubs, tsp garlic pepper sea salt, and 1 tablespoon of Worcester sauce.

I cooked this for hours on high, I would say 6-7 hours. The meat was fall off the bone tender. In the last 15 minutes I used Wondra to thicken the sauce, I used several teaspoons.

I served this over mashed potatoes. The sauce was so good that I saved the left over to use again, we both loved it. The four ribs were enough for the two of us. I had to rush out after dinner and I forgot to take a picture of the final product but I can tell you it was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment