Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Hot Cross Bun bread pudding

Every year I buy a package of hot cross buns at Easter time. Al and I eat one each and the other four gets thrown away. Wel this year, with a suggestion from Al, I decided to turn the 4 leftover buns into bread pudding. 

I got a 2 cup measure and poured in a cup of 1% milk, I added two large eggs, 2 tablespoons of white sugar and a teaspoon of rum flavoring. I beat it together. 


I took the rather stale buns and sliced them and placed them in a greased meatloaf pan. I poured the milk mixture over and then made sure all the pieces were well soaked in the mixture. This took the most time but is the most important. 


Place in a preheated 375-degree oven for 45 minutes. 


I served this with heavy cream and a little maple syrup. It was a great way to avoid throwing out stale hot cross buns. Sorry, but I didn't take any pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment