Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Easy and delicious rice pudding

I have been craving rice pudding for a while and last night I decided that time had come to whip us up a batch. Usually, I make a baked rice pudding that takes about three hours. This time, I made an on top of the stove version and it took only about an hour. 

What you need:

6 cups milk
1 cup rice (I used long grain)
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt (I used coarse sea salt)
1 cap full of vanilla
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg


Add everything to a large saucepan and heat on med-high until bubbles form on the outside of the milk. Stir from time to time. Lower the heat to simmer and cook about an hour. Mine was ready in 50 minutes. You should come back every 10 minutes or so to stir. 

You can serve this warm or cold and I poured a little heavy cream over it and sprinkled a little nutmeg on top, Al sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on his. 

I was amazed at how easy and delicious this was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment