Friday, August 19, 2016

RRR Roadhouse Restaurant Clarion, Pa.

We were staying at the Comfort Inn in Clarion, Pa. and were looking for somewhere easy to have dinner. We decided that being able to walk to the RRR Roadhouse was very convenient.  They serve lunch and dinner in a Texas-style steakhouse setting. 

We arrived early for dinner assuming that would help us to avoid the Friday night rush. We requested  a booth and were seated quickly. 

The menu isn't overly large, which is a good thing, but  they do offer plenty of options.Naturally steak is a main feature, including a Delmonico, a bone-in ribeye. New York strip, 32 oz sirloin, which comes with a T-shirt, and filet Mignon just to mention a few. They also have prime rib on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, which is what my husband opted to have. I ordered the Angus tenderloin tips which come served over a bed of trail rice.

All the meals come with a house salad with choice of dressing, a basket of rolls, and a side. The tips are listed on the menu as coming with the rice, so I wasn't sure if I could change that, but I could. I decided to try the Texas-sized sweet potato with the cinnamon butter and brown sugar served on the side. My husband chose a baked potato with sour cream, butter and scallions.

I asked which salad dressings are made in-house and our waitress Sue said the Dijon vinaigrette and the buttermilk ranch were, so I tried the ranch. The basket of rolls came out first and they were very tempting looking, so much so that I had one, which meant I wasn't going to be able to have any dessert, but it was a fair trade off. The rolls were hot and yeasty.

The salad is very pedestrian and includes a large hunk of tomato, a couple of slices of cucumber and red onion and a pile of croutons on romaine lettuce. Nothing out of the ordinary was included in this course.

A great note, however, is that the Michelob Ultra that my husband ordered was only $2.50; my unsweetened ice tea was $2.29. If I could drink beer, it would have been a better buy.
When our meals arrived, Sue had us cut into them to see if the wellness was as requested. My husband's prime rib looked brown on the exterior so he was sure it was too well done, but when he cut in, it was medium rare. I am not quite sure how they do that unless they grill the exterior of the slices but it was perfect. Mine on the other hand was supposed to be medium well and there was visible blood when I cut in, it went back for a re-cook.

I will say, the tips were back out very quickly and had been brought up to medium well and not at all over done. I was quite impressed. The tips were tended and had good flavor. They will offer you a choice of three steak sauces if you enjoy that.

The sweet potato was amazing. It is huge and cooked perfectly. My husband also enjoyed his baked potato.


We were much too full to eat dessert. Our dinner with the 10 percent discount that we got for being a guest at the Comfort Inn came to $43. Not inexpensive. Actually, the menu has very few inexpensive options, the cheapest being chicken, pork chops, fettuccine Alfredo or fish at around $14. 

There is a bar on the premise as well. Overall, this was a very good experience and I would eat here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment