Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Wood Grill Buffet Harrisonburg, Va.

Before we checked into the Stonewall Jackson Inn we decided to get something to eat. When we were in the area during the fall, someone recommended this buffet to us. I am not quite sure who it was but I remembered and had planned to stop here.


At 2:30 on a Sunday afternoon the place was still packed, that tells you something. We were seated promptly and then waited for our waitress. She came and asked us if we wanted drinks, we ordered water and would we like a baked white or sweet potato. We said yes one of each and then off to the buffet we went.




I was overwhelmed immediately. I should have taken my time because we went to the meat section first and honestly, I pretty much filled up my plate with wings, sweet and sour chicken, BBQ ribs and more. Al grabbed a steak which turned out to be perfectly cooked. They would slice ham or roast beef for you.



They have every kind of side you can imagine, I grabbed some Brussels sprouts and green beans and decided my plate had enough on it.



I should have gotten some salad too they had a great salad bar but next time I will take my time and look everything over first.


I did go back for a little dessert. I got warm peach cobbler with just a smidge of soft-serve ice cream, some red Jello and a rice crispy treat which I ran through the chocolate fountain. Al loaded up on dessert with two kinds of chocolate cake and some cookies.


Our waitress was not the best. We had to look for her to get a refill on the water and I wanted a cup of coffee. The food though not gourmet was really quite good and the $11 price tag was quite amazing for the variety that was offered. 

I would eat here again, the variety of things offered was really quite amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment