Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Mazzeo Ristorante Pittsfield, Mass.

We wanted to choose a special restaurant for our anniversary dinner, we also wanted to be able to get back to the hotel early so that we could find a decent parking spot. Mazzeo is out on Route 7 and we had passed it several times in our travels, it opens at 4 p.m. so was a perfect choice. 

We got there a few minutes before they opened and were the second couple to walk in. Dining is actually on the second floor but there is an elevator that will take you there. We took advantage of it. We were seated quickly and had menus in our hands. I got to hear the specials when our server told the other couple what they were. 


Al ordered the Veal Parmesan and I ordered a Caprese and a half serving of Cavatelli Gabriella, sauteed mushrooms, roasted red peppers, garlic and scallops. We were served two warm garlicky rolls which were delicious. 


Service was efficient but not warm, when I mentioned that it was our anniversary I got almost no response, certainly, he didn't ask which anniversary or anything more. 


The food here was excellent, one of the best Italian meals that I have ever had, Al's veal was so tender and delicious. It was a very generous portion and honestly, my half portion was the perfect size with the Caprese as an appetizer. It included 4 large perfectly cooked sea scallops. 


I had a Cappuccino as my dessert and was very well pleased. I guess there is no requirement for servers to be warm and friendly but it certainly adds a lot to the experience and I did feel that was missing. I would come back here for the food and hope for a different server. 


No comments:

Post a Comment