Monday, July 11, 2016

My attempt at potato salad

I don't make potato salad. Al doesn't eat it so it is not something I ever attempt. I like potato salad so when Steve asked me to bring some for the 4th of July picnic at his house I reluctantly agreed to give it a try. 

I bought white potatoes. Usually I like red potatoes, the skins would be more attractive in my opinion, but white ones looked better at the store. 

I boiled 6 potatoes with the skins on and 3 eggs. I boiled them all together. 

It took about 40 minutes for the potatoes to cook. I placed the potatoes and the eggs in a colander and rinsed with cold water until I could handle them. 

I then pealed the eggs and cubed them and cubed the potatoes. I chopped two stalks of celery and half of a Vidalia onion. 

How much mayonnaise you add will depend on personal taste. I didn't measure, I just scooped it into the bowl until it looked correct. I am guessing about a cup. 

Add salt and pepper to taste. 

I just have to say, for someone who never makes potato salad I did a pretty darn good job It is delicious and I have been enjoying it. 

3 comments:

  1. It looks really good! I've never made potato salad, but I love it. I want to try your method. Thanks for sharing your recipe and photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can do it, anyone can. It was surprisingly simple. I was worried about getting the potatoes the right texture and it was not an issue at all. Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  2. To make life easier when I make potato salad for my husband (I don't eat it) I peel and cube the potatoes and then cook them. They cook faster and I don't have to worry about handling hot potatoes. The potatoes could be sliced or cubed. The only thing I put in is bacon, that's the way my husband likes it and on the dry side, not a ton of mayo. There are probably 10,000 ways to make potato salad.

    ReplyDelete