Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Spanish stuffed peppers

Stop and Shop had peppers on sale for $1 each, all the colors. I decided to buy two yellow ones with the correct shape to make stuffed peppers. I like to make stuffed peppers cutting the peppers from top to bottom so they lay flat not standing up. This was the first time I tried Spanish stuffed peppers.

I bought some quick-cooking rice but on the night I decided to make the stuffed peppers I remembered that I had a package of Spanish rice that was at its expiration date. I decided to mix the package into my pound of hamburger. Thus Spanish stuffed peppers.


What you need:


Peppers

1/4 pound of ground meat per half pepper (you can use the meat of your choice)

1 large can tomato puree

Garlic Garni spice (from Gilroy Garlic Festival)

13 by 9 pan

Turn the oven on to 375 degrees




Cut the peppers and clean. Put the ground meat into a bowl and pour the entire package into the bowl with the meal. I used Knorr. I like to use my hands for this part, I knead it with my hands until it is all incorporated. Scoop up a handful and place it in the pepper. Continue until the meat mixture has all been used.

Open the can of puree and pour it over the peppers. Sprinkle with the spice. Spoon more sauce over the peppers. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook for one hour.

I was surprised at how easy and delicious Spanish stiffed peppers were. It was also a very good bargain. You can certainly feed a family quite inexpensively with this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment