Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Cookbook review: Fix-it and Forget-It New Cookbook by Phyllis Good

While this cookbook has been out since 2013 it is a new one for me. I love Ollies and I never leave there without getting a couple new cookbooks to add to my collection. This one was a recent find and I love it already. It has plenty of photos which is something I really enjoy and the recipes are mostly simple and cooked in a slow cooker. 

250 new recipes make this a book that can give you a lot of new ideas for things for dinner, breakfast, lunch, and brunch. Let's not forget dessert, plenty of those too. 

The book begins by letting you know that you can use your slow cooker year round not just in the cold weather months and it also offers some hints about what is the best slow cooker for you. She has a section called 'Things you'll be happier knowing" to help you with your slow cooker cooking. All and all, read the beginning of this book, you'll be glad you did.

While many of the recipes are easy, there are some that are challenging so if you are not a novice, don't worry, there is plenty for you to enjoy.

I have not had time to try any of the recipes yet but I have looked at it several times already cover to cover and I know that I will be trying some of these recipes very soon. This cookbook is a keeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment