Thursday, April 5, 2018

Bacon wrapped filets from Omaha Steaks

First, let me apologize for not taking pictures. This was the first filet I have ever cooked and I was so busy watching it and trying not to turn two beautiful bacon wrapped filets from Omaha Steaks into shoe leather that I never thought of my camera. 

I went online to get the suggested cooking method since it is not on the box they come in. The first place I looked suggested either grilling or broiling, neither of which I wanted to do. I had to google specifically that I wanted to cook it in a frying pan. 


I put a little olive oil and butter in my nonstick frying pan and then put the heat on high. I seasoned the filets with my favorite steak seasoning and a little salt and pepper. I seared the filets on all sides and after about 9 minutes I started taking the temperature with my new thermometer. I took Al's out at 120 degrees and then kept cooking mine. He likes rare and I like medium well. 


I have to tell you, they were both perfect. So tender you could cut it with a dull butter knife. I was very impressed with the taste as well. I can tell that I am going to become a regular customer of Omaha Steaks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment