Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Oasis Cafe Ocala, Florida

After having been closed for a time, Oasis Cafe reopened with new owners and a new menu and look. Located on Route 200 in a small plaza it is rather close to our home in Ocala and we decided to give it a try. We had been unimpressed with its previous incarnation after one visit and were somewhat reluctant to try again. I am very glad we overcame that reluctance.

We went there this morning at about 10:15. We were seated in the back room and soon had our coffee and orange juice in front of us. I had been told by my brother in law that two people he knows swear by their eggs Benedict. That got my attention and that is what I ordered. The eggs Benedict are served with shaved ham in place of Canadian bacon and also come with homefries, hashbrowns, grits, a tomato slice or fresh fruit. I opted for homefries which I would not order again. 

Al ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese on a hard roll. Unfortunately, they don't offer a hard roll so he had it on white toast. He also got home fries. What we really liked was they asked how he wanted the egg cooked, no one ever does that, we said medium well and Al said it was perfect. 

I was very pleased with the eggs Benedict, the eggs were cooked perfectly and the sauce was good. The homefries were not great, quite plain. I would opt for the fresh fruit next time. We did ask for the homefries well done and I don't think it was necessary. 

They had some very interesting things on the menu and I will be delighted to go back and try it again maybe get the French toast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment