Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Country ribs in the slow cooker

I bought a rather large package of country ribs at Winn Dixie on Monday. I thought I would cook them in the slow cooker. They are in here now on 8 hours of slow cooking. I added a bottle of Sticking Fingers Sweet Carolina BBQ Sauce and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, I would have loved to have a can of crushed pineapple to add. 

At the end of cooking time,  I placed the ribs and sauce in the fridge for dinner the next day. I warmed the ribs up in the microwave for 4 minutes and made mashed potatoes and lima beans to go along with it. 

Al's opinion of them was "excellent, excellent, excellent". From his that is the highest praise since what I usually get is "not bad". I have to agree, it was absolutely delicious. The sauce was delicious and frankly, I didn't miss the pineapple but I think next time I will try it. 

This is a recipe we loved and I will definitely be making it again. 
Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment