Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Anyone Can Do it Lemony Chicken

I love lemon and chicken, especially chicken piccata. I decided that it was time to try to make it myself. I bought just about a pound of thinly sliced chicken breasts. I also bought a mallet so I could pound the chicken to make it thinner.


Since I have loads of new cookbooks I looked through several of them and combined what I liked from several different recipes.

First I put about a quarter cup of Wondra on a plate and added salt and pepper, this you can do to taste. I used my red copper pan and heated a combination of olive oil and butter on medium. Place the chicken in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side until the chicken is fully cooked.

I took the chicken and placed it on a plate in the oven at 325. I cook a bag of Barilla penne pre-cooked pasta.

Now for the sauce.


2 tsp butter

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup chicken stock

1/4 cup capers

1 tablespoon crushed chopped garlic

1 tablespoon Wondra


Add all the ingredients to the pan with the oil and butter and scrape all the brown bits up.

Reduce until it begins to thicken.

Place the penne on a plate, put the chicken on top and pour sauce over. Enjoy.







#lemonychicken







Al loved this and says he could see eating this once a month and I agree, it was delicious and quite easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment