Friday, October 6, 2017

Bravo an American Bistro Providence RI

I have been eating at Bravo for years. It was for many years, my go-to restaurant whenever I was in Providence. Then, as often happens, I stopped hanging out in Providence. There is really no reason for it, things just happen. Now, the only reason I go to Providence is to attend the NERGC or a performance at the Providence Performing Arts Center. 

On September 24th Kasey and I went to attend a Sunday matinee performance of Les Miz. We wanted to grab lunch before the shoe and I remembered Bravo. It is only 4 or 5 blocks from the theater and if we were lucky enough to find on-street parking, we would save the $20 it costs to park near the performing arts center. We found a spot right across the street from Bravo. 


I should have made reservations but I didn't. It was very busy and without reservations, we had a choice of at the bar or a high-top table in the bar, we chose the high top. Our waitress showed up relatively quickly but as I said, it was very busy. 


On Sunday brunch is served and usually, I have breakfast here but today I decided to have a turkey club sandwich. Kasey had a chicken sandwich. I went with the homemade fries which are wonderful and Kasey opted for the greens which she also loved. 


My sandwich had carved turkey, cranberry mayo, bacon, melted Havarti cheese, and lettuce. It was delicious and I ate every bite. Kasey also cleaned her plate. She had a glass of Pino which she said was excellent. We were both delighted with our food and the general atmosphere. I have never been disappointed with my food here and we will be returning the next time we are in town for a show. 


The next time you are in Providence I highly recommend giving Bravo a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment