Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Table 24 Rutland, VT

If you don't know about Table 24, you might never find it. It is tucked into a building in downtown Rutland, across the street from the Rutland Herald. Luckily for us, my brother Fran did know about the restaurant and took us there for a late lunch. 

According to their website, they feature " a unique menu with choices for all — from young families to sophisticated diners. Chef/Owner Stephen Sawyer prepares selected specialties on a wood-fired grill and rotisserie to create flavors unique to this region."   The restaurant is dedicated to excellence and their popularity with locals and visitors alike is legendary and they are dedicated to using as much locally sourced products as possible. 

The menu offers some many wonderful choices that it is hard to pick what you want to try. Fran has been here many times and he knows what he wants, he ordered the jerk chicken fondue. As you can see, it is served with homemade croutons and Granny Smith apple slices. It was not quite as thick as it usually is according to Fran but it seemed to taste good since he enjoyed it. 
#table24Rutland

I decided to have wings, they offer them with General Tso's sauce, who could resist. I added an arugula and spinach salad and a cup of Mom's shrimp chowder. I loved it all. I did change the salad which has a champagne vinaigrette to the citrus vinaigrette and it was a good option in my opinion. The soup was thick and delicious, sort of corn chowder with shrimp. 


Dora, my sister-in-law opted for the Wales Salad which obviously she has had before. It really is meal size and she had to take a good sized portion home. 
Al had a cheeseburger and the only complaint he had was that we had to cut it in half for him to manage it. It was a handful of burger and cheese. 
Our experience here was excellent. I had only one complaint. I ordered the soups and salad, granted I didn't order it together as the soup and salad and our waiter didn't price it as the soup and salad. When I questioned it, he said it was the same price, which of course it wasn't, the combo is $2 cheaper. In my opinion, a good waiter would have taken care of his customer and entered it that way rather than making me ask. But, he did check in on us and refill drinks etc. 

We were all pleased with our meals. I would not hesitate to come here again and actually, I look forward to trying some of the other wonderful things on the menu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment