Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Cattails Restaurant Brandon, VT.

While we were up in Vermont visiting Fran and Dora, they took us to one of their favorite restaurants which happens to be in Brandon. It was maybe a 15 or 20-minute drive. The exterior is simple, painted a colonial blue with a red roof. Inside it is quite spacious and there is a bar area, a dining room, and a screen porch. We came at an off time so it was very quiet. 

Fran and I had been discussing fish tacos which is why we came here. He loves the ones that they have. Since I am a fish taco fan, I was anxious to try theirs. 


The menu offers a lot of choices, I decided to order chicken wings to share among the four of us. They were perfectly done, crispy and well coated with sauce.  Then I ordered the fish tacos. Fran got the fish tacos as well. Dora got a wrap and Al got a steak smothered in a delicious gravy. 





All of the food was very good and the service was excellent. It was well worth the drive. I wanted to try the Thai chicken with peanut sauce, I will definitely have to return. lol

Well, we did return a couple years later on a Sunday in April 2019. I am happy to say that nothing has changed, we had the same waitress, the food was equally as delicious and service was friendly if not quite as efficient as previously. It was, however, much busier and they seemed a little understaffed.  I had the fried sea scallops which considering this is landlocked Vermont were delicious, the coleslaw is excellent and you can't beat their hand-cut fries. 

I can say with confidence, we will return. 


No comments:

Post a Comment