Wednesday, June 28, 2017

District Kitchen and Bar Pittsfield, Mass.

District Kitchen and bar is a small dining establishment that serves locally sourced ingredients in an ever changing seasonal menu.  It is not the place too go for an intimate conversation, the industrial feel with exposed pipes and and high ceiling makes it a bit noisy but who cares, the drinks are well priced and the food is delicious. It is directly across the street from the Crown Plaza Hotel and is well worth walking over to. 

I called the restaurant at about 7:45 on a Friday evening to see how busy they were, no point in walking over to find out there were no tables available. I was informed that they had a couple tables for two empty and when I inquired about how to dress I was told casual was fine, they were pretty much anything goes. 

We were seated immediately and give a carafe of iced water for our table. I knew in advance what Al would get, the hanger steak. I wasn't quite as sure what I wanted. I decided to create a vegetarian place with sides. I got asparagus, kale and fried rice. We enjoy the fresh, warm baguette that was brought for us to snack on.

We were both delighted with our food. Al's hanger steak was cooked perfectly medium rare and the potato pave with blue cheese was amazing. The steak had an apple cider sauce that Al really liked. My brown butter kale was luscious and we both had the grilled asparagus with shaved Parmesan cheese and lemon oil. My starch was ginger fried rice which was the perfect accompaniment. 

It was a lovely dinner with attentive service. We were too full to have dessert but I highly recommend that if you are going to be in Pittsfield, you give District Kitchen and Bar a try, you won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment