Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Crazy Cucumber Ocala, Fl.

Voted one of Ocala's Best of the Best, The Crazy Cucumber lived up to its reputation. No matter what sort of diet you embrace, vegetarian, Paleo, gluten-free or just plain carnivore, you will find plenty of delicious options here. 

Located on Route 200, you may need to look a little to find the Crazy Cucumber but believe me, it is worth it. Actually, if you know where Kirkland's is, they are right across the parking lot in the Marketplace at Heath Brook. 

I came here the first time to have a girls lunch with my niece Christine. Neither of us had ever eaten here before so we were a little overwhelmed by all the delicious sounding choices. I ended up trying the Crazy Spinach Salad and Christine tried one of the flatbreads. 

Oh my goodness, my salad had bacon, green onions, mushrooms, almonds, parmesan cheese and emerald poppy seed dressing. It was one of the best salads I have ever had, so good in fact that I had it again when I returned. The first time I added shrimp and the second time I had it with wings. 

I love their sweet tea, I have to admit, it is addictive. Christine told me her flatbread was great and that she would be coming back here soon. 

On my second visit, I brought Al with me and he took advantage of their prime rib special. Can you imagine a great prime rib dinner for $11.99? Well,  it is available here on Tuesdays and if you buy two, the price goes down to $11. 

They have other daily specials so be sure to check their website

I fell in love with this restaurant and I can't wait to get back to Ocala next winter, I will be eating there often. 

I wasn't kidding, we are back in Ocala and I had to eat here again. The salad is just as good as I remember and is offered small or large and the wings, yes I had them again too. Al had a lunch sirloin which was part of a three course special for $9.99, a great bargain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment